2015 Year in Review | Lehigh Valley Wedding Photographer
So I thought last year at this time that 2014 was amazing. Well 2015 long surpassed 2014 in every way.
Before I start listing my goals for next year I decided to take a moment to see what was accomplished this past year.
-I've gained oodles of confidence in myself, my husband (second shooter) and my business. I didn't think I would ever be able to have the confidence and success that so many talented photographers in my area and all around the nation have. I now see myself a few years down the road being just as successful. I see that I will be able to do this full time and my prayer is that eventually my husband and I can both work this full time.
-I've exceeded every goal in my business that I set out for myself....and I set the goals higher then the year before so they would be a stretch.
-I started offering albums which was one of my goals for last year for this year. So yay! I marked something off of my list!
-I've learned to say no. Now I know that isn't really a huge thing. But I'm a "yes" person. I was so willing to please everyone and accept any session request that came across my plate. I now know that not every person/shoot is the right fit for me and it's ok to say no. Both parties will benefit in the end as we both find our perfect matches.
-Lastly, I'm finally starting to charge what I think I am worth. I have been in a constant state of "building my business" that I was charging way lower then local photographers. Way less then I was worth and what my skill set was currently at. I have been gradually raising my prices and they will still probably raise every 6 months to a year. However, I didn't think that I would keep the booking momentum with the prices being higher, but I proved myself so very wrong (and in this case I'm ok being wrong).
So what are some goals for 2016?
-I want to be able to offer services to clients that not every photographer offers. I'm looking into doing same day slideshows at weddings so guests and clients can see a sampling of their photos. I still have a few more ideas that I'm mulling over as well.
- Exceed my booking goals again. Ok so that is a semi easy goal to come up with. To accomplish, it's a bit harder. We shall see!!!
-Doing a bridal show (and it's already booked!!!) Allentown Brewworks on Feb 28th!
- Blog more. I'm sooo not a writer. It doesn't come easy to me. I have all these ideas in my head and it's so hard for me to put them down on paper in a way that people actually want to read what I say.
- Book wedding clients that believe that photography is one of the most important aspects of the day! I think every vendor wants a client that believes their services are the most important of the day haha. So I don't think this is a bad goal.
- Redo my kitchen. Ok so this isn't a photography goal. Buuuutttttt I have been able to build my business in a way that it is paying for my kitchen reno. Yay! I'll be sure to post before and after pics!
- Update my actual families own photos. So this seems like it'd be an easy task. I seem to fall behind in my family photos. I take them....but never post them! So this year I am determined to actually do my family photos semi regularly. I have two beautiful little girls so this should be a semi easy task to accomplish.
- Make some financial goals and start planning my switch to a full time photographer!
-Doing a blooper reel of Dan and I at live weddings. I've seen some photographers do this and I think it gives some hilarious insight to what a wedding day is like from the photographers standpoint.
- Send out Christmas Cards. So in light of the holiday season I want to send cards every single year. However, things always get super crazy and it just never happens.
- Plan mini session marathons for each season. Once again, easier said then done. However, in the next few years I am determined to do this!
- Update ALL my social media sites. So Facebook seems to be the most used social media site. There are sooo many more out there. However, I need to start small and get all the ones I'm currently a part of a little more up to date. This is no small feat!
- Do live videos of things!!! Things I've learned, intros, live shoots you name it! I'm determined in the next 2 years to have tons of videos and slideshows that will help clients and other photogs get to know what I'm about and what type of services I offer.
- Get to know my clients more. I want to know my wedding clients full stories. How they met, their engagement and their wedding!!
- Start a blog for other photographers
- Get on a preferred list from local wedding venues and other vendors.
-Connect with other wedding vendors and other photographers.
These are just some of my goals! Mentally raising my glass in toast to try to complete as many as my goals as possible. To grow my business and provide exceptional service to my clients. And to only comparing myself to past versions of myself and not to others. It is truly remarkable to see how far things can grow in a year and I'm excited to write this post again in 2016 to see how many things I can cross off!
Cheers to the new year!